With Hi-Fi Power On Tap, the TX-8220 Offers You More
Universal connectivity meets pure analog amplification in a simple hub that sounds a whole lot better than its modest price suggests. All the essentials are covered with digital audio inputs for TV and BD/DVD player connection, along with four analog line-level inputs for CD player and everything else. But the TX-8220 also takes value up a notch with MM phono input for turntable, DAB and FM/RDS radio tuners with 40 presets, and built-in Bluetooth technology. A few taps on a touchscreen, trackpad, or mouse has music from apps flowing out of your loudspeakers thanks to Auto Connect. See how bass, treble, and balance controls, speaker A/B Drive, and subwoofer pre-out let you calibrate tone to suit unique speakers, customize a multi-zone setup, and enhance LFEs in film soundtracks. Boasting clean, minimal design with maximum versatility, the TX-8220 is great value.
– 100 W/Ch Hi-Current Amplification System
– Bluetooth Audio Streaming Technology for Almost Any Device
– DAB and FM/RDS Radio Tuners with 40 Station Presets
– MM Phono, Analog, and Digital Audio Inputs
– Hi-Current Discrete Amplification System
– 100 W/Ch Stereo Power (6 , 1 kHz, 10%, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
– Stream from Mobiles, Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, and PC via Bluetooth Version 4.1 (A2DP/AVRCP) with Bluetooth Standby and Auto Connect Functions
– DAB and FM/RDS Radio Tuners with 40-Station Memory Presets
– Radio Station Preset Naming (Up to 8 Characters)
– WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) with Massive Hi-Current EI Transformer, Custom Power Capacitors, and Low Impedance Drive
– Non-Phase-Shift Amp Circuitry with Discrete Power Transistors
– Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
– 192 kHz/24-bit (PCM1754) Digital-to-Analog Converter
– Direct Mode for Source-Authentic Audio Reproduction
– 96 kHz/24-bit D/A conversion
– 2 Digital Audio Inputs (1 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
– 4 Analog RCA Inputs and 1 Line Output
– Phono Input with MM Equalizer
– Subwoofer Pre-Out
– Two Pairs of Speaker Posts with Screw Knobs
– 6.35 mm Headphone Jack
– Front-panel Bass/Treble/Balance Buttons
– Front-panel Speaker A/B Drive Selector Button
– 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
– Sleep Timer and Battery-free Memory Back-up
– Full-function RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Controller
– Bluetooth Standby Mode and Auto Standby
– Bluetooth Transforms Mobile Audio Into Room-filling Sound
With low-latency Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology, you can stream almost any audio thats playing on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC applications. Auto Connect function makes pairing up and playing back your music much faster and easier than before, with enhanced stability reducing loss in audio quality.
FM/DAB Tuner with 40 Memory Presets
Scan and save 40 FM/RDS and DAB radio stations for easy one-touch recall anytime. RDS function offers detailed station and song information as you listen. Bring a huge variety of programming to your listening space, from news and sport to music and talk radio.
Connects Your Turntable, CD Player, TV, and Media Streamer
Aimed at music and film lovers that want to add great sound to a variety of media sources, the TX-8220 comes extensively equipped with audio connections. The receiver is one of the few at this price to include a quality MM phono stage for your turntable. It also has digital inputs to route audio from TV through amp and speakers. Four analog line inputs are included should you prefer your source device to handle D/A conversion, or for connecting a phone or DAP.
Rich and Powerful Sound
Pair the TX-8220 with your choice of loudspeakers and add immersive sound to everyday entertainment, from streaming audio to TV programs, vinyl, and CD. Discrete amplifiers, massive EI transformer, and customized capacitors deliver ample driving power with low distortion. High current grips the speaker cones for more accurate control, restoring vitality and detail to music. Wide-range non-phase-shift circuitry, meanwhile, clearly focuses the audio image.
High Current and Low Impedance Architecture
Dynamic passages in music and film soundtracks can see impedance spike and dip dramatically for short periods. This can place up to 10 times the usual load on your amplifier, and if it cant meet power demands, sound quality suffers. Onkyos high-current low-impedance WRAT design uses a massive EI transformer to drive your speakers accurately, even under heavy loads.
A/B Speaker Posts for Multi-room Audio
TX-8220 features two sets of speaker posts enabling connection of two pairs of speakers. The receiver is designed to drive either a single pair of speakers rated at 416 , or two pairs of 816 speakers, allowing you to enjoy the same audio source in two rooms at once, or to easily switch between two sets of speakers.
Bass, Treble, and Balance Controls
Bass, treble, and balance buttons are useful for adjusting the tone characteristics of your music for satisfying response with any speaker type. Carefully designed tone circuitswhich some receivers dont includelet you personalize sound to taste with no perceived loss in audio quality.